Love, Death & Robots (stylized as LOVE DEATH + ROBOTS) is an American adult animated anthology television series on Netflix. The 18-episode first volume was released on March 15, 2019. The series is produced by Joshua Donen, David Fincher, Jennifer Miller, and Tim Miller. Each episode was animated by different crews from a range of countries. The series is a re-imagining of Fincher and Miller's long in-development reboot of Heavy Metal.
Netflix released the first trailer for the series on February 14, 2019.
Voices throughout the series include Topher Grace, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Gary Cole, Samira Wiley and Stefan Kapičić.
Volume 1 is made up of 18 episodes, with lengths varying between 6 to 17 minutes. The entire volume was released on Netflix on March 15th, 2019. Netflix gave out 4 episode orders for their subscribers at random, though the order presented here is considered the default:
- Sonnie's Edge
- Three Robots
- The Witness
- Sucker of Souls
- When the Yogurt Took Over
- Beyond the Aquila Rift
- Good Hunting
- The Dump
- Helping Hand
- Fish Night
- Lucky 13
- Zima Blue
- Ice Age
- Alternate Histories
- The Secret War
On June 10th, Netflix announced that the series would be returning for a second volume. The volume will be made up of 8 episodes and will be published on May 14, 2021.
- Automated Customer Service
- Pop Squad
- Snow in the Desert
- The Tall Grass
- All Through the House
- Life Hutch
- The Drowned Giant
On April 21, 2021, ahead of the premiere of Volume 2, it was announced that the anthology series had already been renewed for a third volume that will also consist of eight episodes.
- The three words that make up the title of the show each have their own meaning:
- "Love" indicates the sexual content and nudity.
- "Death" indicates the graphic violence.
- "Robots" indicates the science fiction, robotics, dystopia and fantasy.
- Binge watching the entire first volume from start to finish would take just about 4 hours.
- 3 hours, 50 minutes, and 55 seconds, to be exact.
- A grand total of 13,855 seconds.
- Love, Death and Robots Returns in Season 2 Trailer, Already Renewed for Third Season - IGN